acmeX.com uses a system development methodology that is known to produce better software systems in less time.
- Determine what screens and reports the end-user wants
- Build the screens and reports first
- Split the system into small, manageable segments
- Tackle the riskiest parts first, rather than last
- Wherever possible, use "off the shelf" software
- Team members peer review each other
- Perfect each segment before moving on
- Insist that the end-users be continuously involved
- Review and update systems each year.
"Technology and Business," Scientific American, August 1997, pp33-34